- The easiest way to improve Waze is just drive around with Waze turned on. Every time you travel, even if you are not using Waze to guide you, turn it on. You don't have to do anything. Waze will use the information from your journey to calculate average road speeds at the time you are driving, check for errors and improve road layout, and learn the direction of roads and which turns are allowed. However to avoid errors, these automatic updates need many, many accurately recorded routes before making an automatic change.
- When you later use Waze for directions, you'll benefit from better routes using the information you helped collect
- You don't need to make special trips with Waze. In fact Waze works best on your regular trips and commuting
- With Waze on, you'll get free road reports on local traffic conditions automatically
- If you travel to areas that are unmapped in Waze, you might try recording a new road. Just one button starts you on a map-making trip
- With enough wazers driving along a route, Waze will automatically learn and apply corrections. Road layout will improve, roads will change from two-way to one-way or from one-way to two-way, and Waze will learn what turns are permitted at junctions.
But to avoid errors due to inaccurate GPS measurements (especially in cities), and a few incidents of driver error (illegal turns or going the wrong way down a one-way street), Waze is conservative and requires a large number of accurate driving tracks before making a change. Between 20 and 100 trips accurately recorded seem to be enough to trigger Waze to make an automatic update to the roads.
So the more wazers, the faster this will happen.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Waze in Malaysia: Tips
For a huge iPhone fan, I am embarrassed to admit that I am still using a iPhone 6 Plus, the first batch of iPhone which went big screen, alm...
After years of driving an old car, I finally decide to change. And having a small family, I was eyeing a SUV. Last year, we were considering...
In April 2008, Anne and I started our resolution to chant 1 million daimoku in one year. It's already Jan - and I am only one-third of t...
Which school did we transfer Jane to, that's probably what is in your mind? The graphics and the title above would have informed you...