Sunday, October 29, 2006
On Saturday, I saw The Prestige with Anne and Bahija. Now, this is good movie! Very interesting set up, lots of surprises along the way, very "The Sixth Sense" like - the type of movie that made you look back to the beginning of the show to make you go "Ohhhh... no wonder.. now I see it!"
After the movie, Anne and I went to a dinner in New Paris, near SS2. This was a gathering of old school friends and their wives and partner. One of my friends, TaiLo, wanted to arrange a dinner so that he could ask CK's wife and son out (CK was the friend who passed away a few months ago). Anyway, TaiLo and CK were very close and CK's son will be one year old next month, so he wanted to do something - but TaiLo being TaiLo, he felt uncomfortable just asking his wife out so he decided to make a old friend gathering instead.
The funny thing is, there were so many of us that we had to sit in 2 separate tables. Daniel, Ah Ba, Loochoomus and me sat in one table. TaiLo, CK wife and See Yau in another table. Our table were the noisiest because all of us in that table are close and we went out quite often. TaiLo's table were quiet. Their children made the most noise, compare to the adults - kids ma.. This was a good arrangement actually because when CK was alive, See Yau, TaiLo and CK were the closest friends. Yet, they didn't have much to say. It was an awkward dinner. I was glad when it ended at around 8.30pm.
There is a point I wanted to make in this post but I forgot what it is.. as I was writing this blog, I was chatting with Bahija and Rotitelur. Men can't multi task.. LOL!
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
He's an artist who sings parody out of popular songs.
He made his name back in the 80s when he started singing Michael Jackson's "Beat It" as "Eat It", depicting fat people in his music video, eating it. I love some of his songs, particularly one called "The Saga Begins" sung to the tune of Madonna's "American Pie". "The Saga Begins" tell the story abt Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars.
Anyway, he has released a free song called "You're Pitiful" - singing about a 42 year old gamer cum Star Trek fan who still stays with his parents and smells repulsive:
"You eat chips, of your chest, while playing Halo 2. No one is classier than you.. lalalalalalala Loser..."
This song is sung to the tune of James Blunt's "You're Beautiful".
Watch the video in YouTube. Or download the mp3 from the official site, linked above.
1. I saw World of Warcraft in ZipD's PC and I must say I am TEMPTED to play the game. I told Loochoomus and Daniel about it and somehow they are interested also despite having no pc, no internet connection and having to fork out rm200 for the game. I think they do not realize how potentially devastating this game could be to their lives or perhaps they are just curious after reading about it in the papers.
I also saw the 7 adorable puppies in ZipD's house.
2. I finished Lost 2. Really nice and interesting TV series.
3. I started playing CoH. It was fun. I played around 6-7 levels from the campaign and has started to get bored. I bet the multiplayer would be interesting.
4. I installed the Pentium 3 PC upstairs for dad to use. It has wireless. Don't play play.
5. Visited Anne's cousin brother who was hospitalized. Poor chap skidded and crashed into a lamp post in Jalan Damansara before Victoria Station restaurant (just before Help Institue). So, please be careful. Coincidentally, there was a tow truck waiting in the middle of the night. Coincident? I don't know. The family suspect that there's something fishy going on (read smearing the road with oil hoping for accident). I'd like to think that the tow truck guy is not that heartless. I mean, I'd like to think that no human being would destory someone's life/take away another person's life for the rm200-300 they could earn. I wish I am right.
6. Read 3/4 of New Human Revolution.
7. Bonding with the family - went out for a few makans (bfast, dinners) with the family.
8. Installed Firefox 2 and IE 7.
9. Waste lots of time surfing.
10. Do some office work.. yawn... it keeps me occupied...
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Monday, October 16, 2006
This evening, in 1 Utama, my host was intrigued by the OSIM iGallop, an exercise machine which one rides on it, as though riding a horse. My guest was thrilled by it and she realized the "implications" to the naughty minds. She was excited, claiming that she has never seen one like this in the USA. But that is not what I wanted to say in this post.
What I wanted to say is that as I was watching the salesman pushing the iGallop to her, something occur to me. I do a quick math in my head and was horrified to realize that what my American executive made in a month, converted to RM, is what this salesman make in TEN years! Can you imagine how disgusting this is? This poor chap, talking enthusiastically to sell her the iGallop, can talk for 10 years and still could not make as much as she did in a month.
And I just paid for dinner!
Thursday, October 12, 2006
So, the priority, according to AR is:
Mental friend -> Acquaintance -> Friend -> Friend Friend -> Lover
Monday, October 09, 2006
Anti R (2:05 PM) then many other cerita lah
Anti R (2:05 PM) my ATM oz bank tak send lagi
Anti R (2:05 PM) hilang in post
Anti R (2:05 PM) now no money to pay bills
Anti R (2:05 PM) unless i go back and withdraw at oz bank counter
Ringgit (2:05 PM) Aiyo.. how come hilang in post? I tot only happen in POS Malaysia
Ringgit (2:05 PM) AU Post also same???
Anti R (2:06 PM) i dunno what happened
Anti R (2:06 PM) so when they dun give me ATM ..i cannot withdraw out there
Anti R (2:06 PM) i m relying on my own past income
Ringgit (2:06 PM) Can I post this part of our conversation abt AU Post in my blog?
Anti R (2:06 PM) drying soon
Anti R (2:06 PM) i dunno who's fault
Ringgit (2:06 PM) So AU is not exactly very efficient
Ringgit (2:06 PM) :D
Anti R (2:07 PM) a bit slow i hv to say
Anti R (2:07 PM) open an account need to set appointment
Anti R (2:07 PM) can u imagine
Anti R (2:07 PM) it's not like u walk and can open
Anti R (2:07 PM) that's why no time to meet anyone
Anti R (2:07 PM) hv to arrange all these itsy bitsy stuffs
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Did you know that we have sufferred this intrusion from irresponsible Indonesians for 8 years? 8 freaking years!!!
If you have a child who is 8 year old, he probably thinks that it is an annual event - like Christmas or CNY. Can you believe this?
Monday, October 02, 2006
This is one of the most requested programs in FRONTLINE's history. It is about an Iowa schoolteacher who, the day after Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered in 1968, gave her third-grade students a first-hand experience in the meaning of discrimination. This is the story of what she taught the children, and the impact that lesson had on their lives.
Watch the video: (Official website here)
See it in YouTube.com
The Apple Watch came with a fixed number of watchfaces. There is no third party watchface support. So, getting the Nike+ is a better bang ...
After years of driving an old car, I finally decide to change. And having a small family, I was eyeing a SUV. Last year, we were considering...
In April 2008, Anne and I started our resolution to chant 1 million daimoku in one year. It's already Jan - and I am only one-third of t...
Which school did we transfer Jane to, that's probably what is in your mind? The graphics and the title above would have informed you...